Braids are the ultimate summer hairstyle but some women shy away from them because they're worried they'll look childish. Take a little inspiration from the celebrities below who wear braids without evoking Pippi Longstocking.
- Diane Kruger: A single braid worn to the side is sexy and statuesque. Diane's stylist started the braids behind her ears, creating a regal, Grecian effect.
- Rachel BilsonThis braided half-up half-down look is perfect for day to day or a casual date night.
- Jessica AlbaBraids in an updo can be so regal. Jessica Alba's updo below is the perfect example of classy braids.
- Jennifer Aniston: Love this sweet front braid. Jen's stylist did this exactly right by making the braid subtle and a little loose. Super tight braids around the face can make you look a little severe. This is chic and boho.
- Rachel Zoe: Totally love this look--the hair is braided horizontally across the back of the head to bring the hair into a side pony. So chic and just the right amount of braid for even the most braid-averse.