Ponytails have gotten a bad rep for being a "lazy" or "last-minute" style, when really they're as versatile and chic as any updo or down do. Creating a sleek ponytail requires very little effort--usually all it needs to look "done up" is a finishing touch. Here are our favorite ways to wear a pony tail that don't look at all lazy or last-minute.
- High Bouffant Ponytail: Kate Beckinsale looks very high fashion in this high ponytail. This is a great look for 2nd (or 3rd or 4th...) day hair because the teasing at the roots helps conceal any greasiness. For a regular day you can ease up on the teasing a bit.
- Bardot Ponytail: Kate Hudson looks at once adorable at fierce with her bangs pulled back and pinned at the crown in this Bridget Bardot Hairstyle. We love this one for weddings because the lowness of the pony looks casual, but the pulled back bangs looks formal and keeps the hair out of your face.
- Bangin' Side Ponytail Carrie Underwood looks girlish yet sexy in this sweet and low side ponytail. Follow Carrie's lead and part bangs to whichever side you create the ponytail. Add a little curl to the ends for a polished look.
- Knotted Ponytail: This is an especially good look for those mornings when you're running late. It's an incredibly easy twist on a simple ponytail that makes it look like you spent a half hair styling your hair.
- Half Braid Half Ponytail: We love fishtail braids and love to include them in any style, so why not add one to your pony tail? Simply fishtail braid hair about a third of the way down it's length and then secure the rest with an elastic.